This is the best creamy mushroom soup ever. Our customers told us this, we didn't make it up!!!
If you can put your hands on some wild mushrooms, please add them to the mix.
Recipe By : Sitara
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :2:00
Categories : Soups
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup green onion -- chopped
1 medium onion -- chopped
3 lg potato -- chopped
2 lg celery stalk -- diced
2 lg cloves garlic -- chopped
2 quarts chicken stock
1/4 lb white mushrooms -- chopped
1/4 1b shiitake mushrooms -- chopped
1/4 lb portobello mushrooms -- chopped
1 tsp thyme
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsps soy sauce
1 cup sour cream
1/2 qt milk
salt & pepper to taste
1. In your soup pot put the herbs, potatoes, celery, mushrooms, onions, butter and stock. Bring to a boil and then turn down to medium and cook till potatoes are falling apart.
2. Puree in small batches with blender or hand held mixer.
Be very careful when blending hot items. Put a towel over the cap of the blender and hold tightly so
as not to splash. Don't fill your blender more than half full when blending hot items.
3. Return blended mix to your soup pot. If soup seems very thin add some potato pearls**. At this stage the soup should be silky and quite thick because we still have liquid to add.
2. Add milk, cream, sherry, soy sauce, sour cream. Whisk in thoroughly. Bring up the heat gently but do not bring up to a boil..
Taste for seasonings.
3. Add a few sauteed sliced mushrooms for texture.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream or cream fraiche if you like.
** Here's a trick when a soup comes out too thin. If your soup has potatoes in it already but it's a bit thin you can add freeze dried potato pearls from the box directly into the soup. Whisk some in and let them completely dissolve a little at a time until your soup is the consistency you want.