These Lasagne Rolls are rich and cheesy and yummy. We served them for lunch specials and also for catering. They make a beautiful presentation.
Once you are comfortable making these you can vary the fillings by adding shrimp or chicken or salmon. Be creative!
Recipe By : Sitara
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :2:00
Categories : Pasta
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
16 ounces lasagne noodles -- cooked till tender -- drained & cooled
4 cups chopped onion
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
6 cups grated parmesan cheese
2 pounds chopped spinach, cooked, squeezed dry
4 teaspoons marjoram
2 teaspoon fresh sage leaves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups ricotta cheese
4 large eggs
salt and pepper
1. Cook lasagne till tender, drain, rinse and cool. Put a few drops of olive oil in the cooking water to keep noodles from sticking together.
2. In sauce pan cook onions in butter till translucent, add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Wisk in milk and broth and stir till mixtures boils. Remove from heat and stir in 4 cups of the parmesan cheese.
3. Drain greens and squeeze as much liquid out as possible, save liquid for other uses. Mix greens with marjoram, sage, nutmeg, ricotta , eggs and 2 cups parmesan.
4. Lay lasagne strips flat and spread riccota & greens mixture evenly over noodles. about
two tablespoons per noodle. Roll up.
5. Put some of the sauce in a baking dish and stand the lasagne rolls upright in the
sauce. Seal the pan with foil. Bake about 30 minutes till bubbling in the center.
Unvover and sprinkle rolls with parmesan. Broil till Parmesan starts to brown.
Serve in deep plates on extra sauce.