Breakfast regulars used to wait for these to come out of the oven. They are so gooey good they should really be called caramel-pecan rolls, but we just called them cinnamon rolls. I've adjusted this recipe to make it really easy for the home cook to get the same kind of gooey goodness that we had. If you want to make cinnamon rolls from scratch, you can ue the 25 Minute Gump Bread dough recipe for cinnamon rolls in this section, or you can use the canned cinnamon roll dough you find in supermarkets.
Recipe By : Sitara
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :1:00
Categories : Breakfast Breads
Pies & Pastry
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pkg prepared cinnamon roll dough (the canned type in the refrigerated case work just fine)
- or one batch of 25 Minute Gump Bread for cinnamon rolls in this section -
1 cup butter blend ( or use real butter )
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecan pieces
In saucepan, place brown sugar and butter. Melt together till creamy and sugar is completely dissolved and mixture starts to bubble. Don't cook it beyond this stage, you just want everything melted completely together and the brown sugar completely dissolved.
2. Pour mixture in bottom of baking pan. Sprinkle pecans over mixture.
4. Put the cinnamon roll pieces evenly spaced on top of the hot sugar-pecan layer.
5. Let the cinnamon rolls proof and rise.
6. Bake 20 minutes (or follow package directions for baking time ) till easily separated and feel done.
Turn out on serving tray immediately by placing tray on top of cinnamon rolls and inverting the pan. Be very careful, the glaze will be runny and very hot. Carefully lift the pan at one corner and then remove completely. Be sure to get all that good glaze out of the pan and drizzle it over your cinnamon rolls.